Welcome to Whatcom Taking Action!
Taking Action is a partnership including community members, parents, and providers of care and support services. Together we are building an integrated system of care and support that local families can access—easily and efficiently.
Whatcom Taking Action is a community collaborative working to create a cohesive, family-centered system of services and supports for children, youth and families that are impacted by developmental, behavioral and other special health care needs.
All children and youth with special health needs have the opportunities they need to thrive in an inclusive and welcoming community
VALUES & PRINCIPLES
- We aim for a community that includes people of all abilities in all the opportunities for work, play and learning.
- We believe families should always be at the center of our work.
- We aim for compassionate care to be delivered throughout the system.
- We build on strengths rather than focus on problems.
- We strive for equity of opportunity for well-being for all children.
- We believe services should be efficient, cost-effective, coordinated, and locally available.
WHO ARE CHILDREN AND YOUTH WITH SPECIAL HEALTH CARE NEEDS (CYSHCN)?
STRUCTURE OF TAKING ACTION