EARLY SUPPORT FOR INFANTS AND TODDLERS SERVICES (ESIT)
- The Whatcom County ESIT Program continues to accept referrals.
- Contact Whatcom County’s Single Entry Access to Services (SEAS) line at 360-715-7485. Please call SEAS for concerns about any child, birth to 21.
- To make a referral, contact the Single Entry Access to Services Line in any of the following ways: Call 360-715-7485 or Fax 360-676-6729
WHAT SERVICES LOOK LIKE:
- All Whatcom County ESIT agencies are providing virtual services through video conferencing and/or phone calls, with the same high-quality staff as always.
- Services are provided through coaching, which is one way parents learn strategies to support their child’s development.
- Research shows that virtual services are as successful as in-person services (example study here).
- Services may include:
- Family Resources Coordination (for all families),
- Early Education,
- Speech Therapy,
- Occupational Therapy,
- Physical Therapy,
- Feeding and Nutrition Support,
- Social Work, and more.
THE BENEFITS TO FAMILIES:
- Supporting the child’s development during early brain growth,
- Learning helpful ideas to use while playing or during daily activities,
- Stability during a time of uncertainty, for example by having regular services, and
- Making social connections and links to additional supports.
- ESIT Providers are actively working to reduce barriers to access, such as access to interpreters for all visits, and providing internet and tablets when families need them.
ADDITIONAL FOR PEDIATRICIANS:
- Please don’t wait and see, ESIT services are available now for children birth to age three, and this is a critical period of brain development.
- Information about the effectiveness of virtual services can be found here.